Limits and Continuity
- Introducing vector functions. Definition of Limit and
- The derivative of a vector function. Maple tricks.
Kinematics with vector Calculus.
- Projectile motion with vectors.
Your plane was hit by a shell from the ground...
- Where are they firing from? (Projectile problem)
Unit Tangent, Unit Normal
- What they are what they mean and howto with maple.
Arc length and curvature
- Definitions, formulas and the very useful
maple proc curvature is here...
Formulas for plane curves
- When the vector function stays on a plane the formulas
simplify and when y=f(x) the calc1 results are recovered.
Tangent vector and curvature
- Again... but now with 'gif' formulas... Examples
for the circle, ellipses.
Normal, Twist and Binormal
- The tangent the normal and the binormal define a
turning twisting frame at each point...
Tangential and Normal components of acceleration
- They are useful in mechanics.
The in-famous cycloid
- Definition, the length of one arch and the area under it... it uses MathML.