Integration Functions of Several Variables
Double Integrals and Iterated Integrals
- Double integrals over rectangles are defined here. The
procedure ApproxInt2d for computing approximating
Riemann sums for integrals in 2D is here.
Computing Volumes: Examples
- Computation of volumes of solids defined by the space
in between a rectangle and a surface. An easy integral
where Mighty Maple fails is here...
Double Integrals over General Regions
- If the domain of integration is NOT a rectangle
a simple trick can be used to define the integral. Examples
of computations of double integrals over regions with
boundaries given in different forms.
- Properties of Double Integrals
- Double integrals inherit most of the properties of sums:
Linearity, monotonicity,... etc.
Transformation to Polar Coordinates
- Polar rectangles. The element of area in different coordinate